Saturday 20 February 2016

Cookies and Cream Fudge


Thanks to Lauren over at Create Bake Make for this recipe.  I did break up my Oreo's a little finer than Lauren, there are still chunks as you can see.

Since Scott started to eat again after he finished treatment, his sweet tooth has ground out of this world.  I tend to make cakes, cookies or something sweet each week.  He has dessert every night, which we have never done before.

Since he went back to work full time this year, I needed to find some small treats or snacks he can have throughout the day to keep him going.  He seems to like the cookies and cream chocolate bars and when I saw this recipe I ran to the pantry as I had all the ingredients.  

I have learnt that well this is one recipe you cannot set and forget!   You have to baby this one or you will end up with burnt fudge.

400 gm White chocolate
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
200 gm pack oreo's


Heat your white chocolate and condensed milk over a medium low heat.  You will need to stir this the whole time or at least make sure it doesn't burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.


Either with a knife or in your food processor cut your biscuits up into chunks.  I blitzed mine got a mix of small and large chunks.


Heat your chocolate mix for 10 to 12 minutes.  Remember to stir.


Add the oreo's and work quickly.  Stir through.


Pour the mix straight into a lined cake tin.  20 cm x 20 cm works well.  Stick it in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours or preferably over night.


I am a little OCD with some things.  I used a ruler to cut the fudge into 3 cm x 3 cm pieces.


These will last in the fridge for up to a week.  If the family don't inhale them.

No comments:

Post a Comment