Saturday 25 July 2015

Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball


I have not come across an easier appetiser to prepare and take to a function as this cheese ball!  

Nath a friend of mine invited me to an aroma party one very cold, grey winter afternoon.  I must say I did take half my freezer stock with me for nibbles along with this cheese ball.  I spent a fantastic afternoon eating and chatting with the boys,  All of whom asked for the recipe for this cheese ball.

As promised Gents here is the easy peasy recipe!

250gm package cream cheese
3 spring onions, chopped
3 slices middle bacon, chopped and cooked
1 cup grated tasty cheese
1 tablespoon ranch dressing, Dry or liquid


Slice spring onions finely both green and white parts.


I get my dry ranch from USA Foods great place to get those elusive American products.


Chop, cook and drain you bacon, leave to cool.


Place all your ingredients in your mixer bowl and mix until combined about a minute.


Use your spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl and form your ball.


Use a little extra grated cheese, or you could use chopped herbs here, to roll your ball in and coat.


Allow your ball to firm up in the fridge for at least 2 hours.  Serve with a nice crisp dry biscuit.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Kate this looks so good, I could eat this all by itself as a meal!

    ReplyDelete