Sunday 7 June 2015

Lemon Surprise Bundt Cake


Yes I love my new Bundt pan, you will see a lot of cakes in this in the future (it has to pay for itself). Don't worry about going out and buying a pan like this unless you really, really, really want to!  You can use any ring pan to bake this cake.

Now I did ice this version of the cake but recommend it without the icing, you don't need it at all!

A shout out to my team at work TKO who on my first day back after 2 months off turned back into my taste testers.  Courtney who had 2 slices and no dinner as she was too full!

Now your saying "Get to the surprise bit will you!"  I know I can hear the shouts around the world..

How does a nice Lemon Curd and white chocolate filling sound? Good?  Well keep reading and find out how it all goes.

Cake batter.

200g butter, softened
2 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
zest and juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream

Surprise Filling.

1 cup lemon curd
60gm melted white chocolate





Melt your white chocolate and set aside to cool.


Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.


Beat in eggs one at a time making sure completely combined, beat in lemon juice until combined.


Mix together the curd and white chocolate.


Your curd mix will thicken, set aside.


In a bowl mix together your flour and baking powder whisk to combine.


Mix together your milk and sour cream.


Alternate flour and milk mixtures into the butter mix until combined.


Gather together your cake mix, curd and pan.  Lightly spray your cake pan.


Spoon a third of the cake mix into the base of your pan and spread gently into crevices, making a slight indent in the centre, a bit like a channel.


Spoon in the curd mix, make sure you leave a rim of cake mix around the out and insides, if you  spread the curd to the edges it will run out of your cake when you turn the cake out.


Spoon the remaining cake mix into the pan.  Bake at 180C for 50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.


Remove pan from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.  Turn cake onto a Tea towel lined cake rack to cool fully.

2 comments:

  1. Now see, the two-toned would look perfect in this pan!! I can totally picture a lighter color piped into the fine ridges. Then you'd just fill the rest of it with a nice dark chocolate! I love and want this bundt pan.

    PS - this sounds amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Ahh now you read my mind I was thinking of doing something like that with your technique! Although that will have to be an experiment for another day I think. I have soooooooooo many other recipes to make as well. How will I get through them all?

      Delete