Saturday 25 April 2015

Kitchen Sink Cookies and ANZAC Day wishes.

I hope all Aussie's and New Zealander's world wide have a safe ANZAC DAY today.

Lest we forget.

 
 
Ahh the kitchen sink cookie.  Why do I call it that you ask?  Well I chucked everything but the kitchen sink in them!  These cookies can have anything in them, you can throw in choc chips, peanut butter, cocoa pops, caramel buds, nuts, what ever takes your fancy or you have on hand!
 
These cookies are great to freeze uncooked as well.  You should have seen the look on the ladies at the Mater's face at 7.30 am this morning when I dropped in 2 plates.  She saw the M & M's and almost ran away with the plate to hide them from everyone!
 
250 g butter softened
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup M &M's
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
2 1/4 cups Rice Bubbles (Cocoa pops would be good as well)
 
 
Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

 
Beat in your eggs one at a time until combined then beat in vanilla.

 
This is a NO sifting recipe so just dump the flour, baking soda and powder and salt into your mixer and on a low speed mix until just combined.

 
Now I got a bit carried away and forgot to take 2 photos, Sorry.  But to give you an idea, mix in the oats, then dump in your choice of chockies and sweets.  Mine was chocolate chips and M & M's mix until just combined then mix in the rice bubbles until just combined, you don't want to smoosh them toooooo much. 

 
This is the mix, Mum got a bit scoop happy and started scooping before I was ready for photos.
 
 
This is my Mum.  Hi Mum.  My parents came for a visit for a couple of days and to help me out. Love my Mum :)

 
If your freezing them do so once scooped then bag once frozen.  Now they do spread out so depending on your cookie sheet depends on how many to a pan.  Bake in a pre heated 180C oven for 12 minutes.

 
Remove onto your cooling rack straight away or they will keep cooking and go hard!

 
Shhhh don't tell Lawrence I still have a bag of M's (he can't say M & M's just calls them M's) in the pantry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment