Sunday 8 June 2014

Mum's Welsh Cakes

 
My brother went to Swansea in Wales this week to do something for his Phd.  We were joking around about Welsh cakes and I am sure the my Sister In Law didn't know what we were on about so I decided to make my Mum's version of Welsh Cakes.  These are different from the real ones but we have always loved them just the same!
 
 
 
Think this one will be mine its got a crack in it!
 
 
2 x short crust pastry pre rolled sheets defrosted
125g room temp butter
125g castor sugar
2 eggs
125g sifted self raising flour
jam of choice
 

 
 

 
 
I use patty pans for this, grease tin and cut pastry with cutter to fit tin.  This recipe makes 2 dozen.


 
 
Spoon 1/4 teaspoon of jam in each pastry.

 
 
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time until mixed.

 
 
Add flour until just combined.

 
 
Spoon half a dessert spoon of cake mix on top of the jam.
 
Bake for 20 minutes at 200C or until cooked.



See how long they last.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment