Wednesday 8 January 2014

Apologies

Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks.  You know how things can get leading up to Christmas! There are lists and Turkey's, Hams and presents, kids and work and ahhhhh well something's got to give and unfortunately in my house it was the blog.

I am having a couple of days off as we speak so things have been busy just catching up and taking some time with the other half.  We took a couple of days to ourselves in Port Macquarie and had a look around.  While there we went to a Pick your own Strawberry farm.  http://ricardoes.com/
where we spent an hour or so hunting down the most ripe red strawberries on the rows, to later be turned into jam.

I also acquired a couple of kilos of ripe and rather large cherry tomatoes which are as we speak being turned into a Tomato and Chilli Chutney destined for these pages in the next couple of days.

There is a large box of cherries my Mum bought with her when she came for Christmas which would have gone off if I had not gone and preserved them, also to follow on the blog over the next couple of weeks.

I have acquired some Hairy Dieters cook books which I will be trying some of the recipes over the next couple of weeks, call it a post Christmas need to do something healthy with ourselves.

Again I apologise for the silence over the Christmas period and remember the Facebook page, I post up things that sometimes don't hit the blog.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment