Saturday 12 October 2013

Salsa but better than you get in a Jar!

                                      

So I am over buying Salsa!  I found a recipe that looks good but I changed it up some to suit my families taste.  The great thing is I had everything but the chilli on hand, that I procured this morning at the local farmers market along with some fresh garlic bulbs with the stalks still on just waiting to be dried for later use, however that is another blog post all together.


2 tins of whole or chopped Tomatoes or 3 if you don't wish to use the peppers
1 300g jar of Roasted Red Peppers or 3 large home roasted peppers skin and seeds removed
1/4 Onion chopped
1 clove of Garlic minced/crushed or grated
1 whole red or green Chilli sliced for mild remove the seeds and ribs if you like it hotter leave them in
1/4 tspn Sugar
1/4 tspn Salt
1/4 tspn ground Cumin
1/2 cup of chopped Corriander or Pasley if you don't like Corriander
1/2 whole Lime juiced possibly more to taste



Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 15 pulses or until it reaches the desired consistency.  Test for taste and either add more salt or lime juice or both to suit your taste.











This is the stage of my recipe that my other half rushed through the kitchen trying to take the lens off the camera I was using so he could go on a photo shoot (bet he doesn't use it) so I think his nagging about another lens may be justified, but don't tell him that!



Okay so now the camera is back it can be served with corn chips.

Fantastic to whip up if you have those unexpected guests drop buy.  Remember the longer you leave it the more pronounced the chilli will become!

No comments:

Post a Comment